Professor of Computer
Phone: (027) 8779 3003
Academic Areas: Cloud storage, parallel I/O, storage security
Ke Zhou received the BA, MA, and PhD degrees in computer science and technology from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China, in 1996, 1999, and 2003, respectively. He is a professor of the School of Computer Science and Technology, HUST. His main research interests include computer architecture, cloud storage, parallel I/O and storage security. He has more than 50 publications in journals and international conferences, including TPDS, Performance Evaluation, FAST, Infocom, MSST, ACM MM, SYSTOR, MASCOTS and ICC. He is a member of IEEE.
PhD in computer architecture, 2003, School of Computer Science and Technology, HUST;
MA in computer component and device, 1999, School of Computer Science and Technology, HUST;
BA in computer peripheral, 1996, School of Computer Science and Technology, HUST;
Full Professor (2012-present); Wuhan National Laboratory of optoelectronics;
Full Professor (2007-2012); Hust School of Computer Science and Technology;
Associate Professor (2003-2007); Hust School of Computer Science and Technology,
Lecture (2001-2003); Hust School of Computer Science and Technology,
Assistant Lecture (1999-2001); Hust School of Computer Science and Technology
Visiting Professor (2005-2006); Cranfield university, U,K.
- YuhongZhao, HongJiang, KeZhou*. Meeting Service Level Agreement Cost-Effectively for Video-on-Demand Applications in the Cloud. The 33rd Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications(INFOCOM’14), April 27th – May 2nd, 2014, Toronto, Canada （coresponding author）
- Jiansheng Wei, Hong Jiang, Ke Zhou*, Dan Feng. Efficiently Representing Membership for Variable Large Data Sets. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, VOL. 25, NO. 4, APRIL 2014. PP 960 – 970（coresponding author）
- Hua Wang, Ping Huang, Shuang He, Ke Zhou*, Chunhua Li, and Xubin He. A Novel I/O Scheduler for SSD with Improved Performance and Lifetime. In Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST2013), USA, May 6-10, 2013. （coresponding author）
- Ke Zhou, Jin Liu, Hui Tian and Cunhua Li. State-based Steganography in Low Bit Rate Speech, In the Proceedings of the 20th ACM Multimedia Conference (ACM-MM2012), Nara, Japan, Oct. 29 – Nov. 2, 2012. Pp. 1109-1112.
- Ke Zhou, Ping Huang, ChunHua Li and Hua Wang. An Empirical Study on the Interplay Between Filesystems and SSD. In the 7th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage (NAS’2012). June 28-30, Xiamen, China.
- Ping Huang, Ke Zhou, ChunHua Li and Hua Wang. BVSSD: Build Built-in Versioning Flash-based Solid State Drives. In the 5th Annual International Systems and Storage Conference(SYSTOR’2012). June 4-6, Haifa, Isarel.
- Jin Liu, Ke Zhou, Hui Tian. Least-significant-digit Steganography in Low Bitrate Speech. In the 48th IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC’2012), June 10-15, Ottawa, Canada.
- Jin Liu, Ke Zhou, Hui Tian. Efficient Least-significant-bits Steganography for VoIP. International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology-Theories and Applications in Computing Science & Technology, 2012.
- Ping Huang, Ke Zhou, Chunling Wu. ShiftFlash: Make flash-based storage more resilient and robust. Performance Evaluation, Vol. 68/11(2011). pp 1193-1206. （coresponding author）
- JianSheng Wei, Hong Jiang, Ke Zhou, Dan Feng. DBA: A Dynamic Bloom Filter Array for Scalable Membership Representation of Variable Large Data Sets. Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Symposium on Modelling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS), July 25 -27, 2011. （coresponding author）
- Hui Tian, Ke Zhou, Dan Feng. Dynamic matrix encoding strategy for voice-over-IP steganography. J. Cent. South Univ. Technol. (2010) 17: 1285−1292. （coresponding author）
- Zhongying Niu, Hong Jiang, Ke Zhou, Dan Feng, Shuping Zhang, Tianming Yang, Dongliang Lei, Anli Chen. DSFS: Decentralized Security for Large Parallel File Systems. The 11th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Grid Computing (Grid 2010), Brussells, October 2010.（coresponding author）
- JianSheng Wei, Hong Jiang, Ke Zhou, Dan Feng. MAD2: A Scalable High-Throughput Exact Deduplication Approach for Network Backup Services. In Proceedings of the 26th IEEE Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST2010), USA, May 3-7 , 2010. （coresponding author）
- Ke zhou, Wang hua, Li chunhua. Cloud storage technology and its applications. ZTE Communications, Dec. 2010. Vol.8 No.4. pp.27 -30.
- Niu zhongying, ke zhou, Dan feng, Yang tainming. Access control lists for object-based storage systems.Chinese journal of electronics, July 2010, Vol.19, No.3. pp431 – 436.
- Junping Liu,Ke Zhou,Liping Pang. A Novel cost-effective disk scrubbing scheme. 2009 Fifth International Joint Conference on INC,IMS and IDC. Pp. 686-691
- Zhongying Niu, Ke Zhou, Hong Jian. Identification and Authentication in Large-scale Storage Systems. Proc. of the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage (NAS 2009). Pp.421-427
- Wang hua, ke zhou, Ling Yuan. Fault-tolerant Online Backup Service: Formal Modeling and Reasoning. 2009 IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage. Pp. 452-460
- Hui Tian, Ke Zhou. Digital Logic Based Encoding Strategies for Voice-over-IP Steganography. Proceedings of the 17th ACM Multimedia Conference (ACM-MM2009). October 19-23, 2009. Pp. 777-780. （coresponding author）
- Hui Tian, Ke Zhou. An M-Sequence Based Steganography Model for Voice over IP. Proceedings of the 44th IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC2009). June 14-18. Pp. 1-5.
- Hui Tian，Ke Zhou. An Adaptive Steganography Scheme for Voice over IP. The IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2009. Pp. 2922-2925.
- Wang Hua, Ke Zhou. Goal-based Dependability Analysis and Improvement Framework for Network Storage Systems. IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture and Storages (NAS’08). Pp.271-277
- Hui Tian, Ke Zhou. A Covert Communication Model Based on Least Significant Bits Steganography in Voice over IP. The 9th International Conference for Young Computer Scientists, 2008. Pp.647-652
- Zhongying Niu, Ke Zhou, Dan Feng. Implementing and Evaluating Security Controls for an Object-Based Storage System. In Proceedings of the 24th IEEE Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST’07), San Diego, California, USA, Sep. 24-27, 2007, pp. 87-89. （coresponding author）
- Zhikun Wang, Ke Zhou. Disk Tree: A Fat-tree Based Multi-tier Storage Architecture for Very Large Disk Array. The 4th International Workshop on Storage Network Architecture and Parallel I/Os (SNAPI'07). Pp.47-54
Awards and Honors
2001 Technological Invention Award, China, second class；
2006 Technological Invention Award in Hubei, China, first class；
2006 SuperComputing storage challenge finalist Award，HUSt: A Heterogeneous Unified Storage System for GIS Grid;
2013 Science and Technology Progress Award in china institute of electronics, second class
2014 Science and Technology Progress Award in Hubei, China, first class, hybrid cloud storage system key technologies.
Login and edit information
Big data, graduate student
Computer architecture, undergraduate student
Computer interface, undergraduate student