Professor, Ph.D Computer Science Vice Dean School of Computer Science and Technology Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Academic Areas: Artificial intelligence,Computer vision,Multimedia Data Mining,Multimedia Data Mining
- Liyu Gong, Tianjiang Wang, Chengshuo Wang, Fang Liu, Fuqiang Zhang and Xiaoyuan Yu, “Recognizing Affect from Non-stylized Body Motion Using Shape of Gaussian Descriptors”, In ACM Symposium On Applied Computing (SAC), 2010
- Xinwei Jiang, Junbin Gao, Tianjiang Wang, Paul W. Kwan: Learning Gradients with Gaussian Processes. PAKDD (2) 2010: 113-124
- Liyu Gong, Tianjiang Wang and Fang Liu. Shape of Gaussians as Feature Descriptors. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2009.
- Liyu Gong, Tianjiang Wang, Yan Yu, Fang Liu and Xianggen Hu. A Lie group based Gaussian Mixture Model distance measure for multimedia comparison. In Proceedings of the First International Conference on Internet Multimedia Computing and Service(ICIMCS),2009.
- Tian-jiang Wang, Gang Chen and Perfecto Herrera. Music retrieval based on a multi-samples selection strategy for support vector machine active learning. In ACM symposium on applied computing (SAC), 2009.
- Liyu Gong, Tianjiang Wang and Fang Liu, “A Lie Group based Spatiogram Similarity Measure”, In International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 2009.
- Fang Liu, Xiang Peng, Tianjiang Wang and Songfeng Lu. A Density-based Approach for Text Extraction in Images. In International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2008.
- Fang Liu, Shaohua Zhu, Yuxiao Fu, Fan Fan Tianjiang Wang and Songfeng Lu. Image Analysis of the Relationship between Changes of Cornea and Postmortem Interval. In Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI), 2008
- Tianjiang Wang, Liyu Gong and Fang Liu. Detecing Human in Still Images by Learning Multi-scale Mid-level Features, International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control (ICICIC), 2008.
- Chen Gang and Wang Tianjiang. A Novel Music Retrieval System with Relevance Feedback, In International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control (ICICIC), 2008.
- Fang Liu, Xiang Peng, Tianjiang Wang. A New Method for Text Detection and Segmentation from Complex Images, SPIE Fifth International Symposium on Multispectral Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (MIPPR), 2007.
- Tianjiang Wang, Yi Zhang, A Digital Watermarking Method in H.264 Video Transmission, The 2006 International Conference on Communication Technology, GuiLin, P. R. China, 2006.
- Tianjiang Wang, Zhengding Lu, Fan Li, Distance Measures Between Vague Sets (Values), Proceedings of the 6th Asia-Pacific Conference on Control & Measurement, Dali, P.R.China, 2004. Beijing. China Aviation Industry Press
- Tianjiang Wang, Zhengding Lu, Fan Li, New Linear Interpolative Reasoning in Sparse Fuzzy Rule, Proceedings of the 6th Asia-Pacific Conference on Control & Measurement, Dali P.R.China. 2004. Beijing. China Aviation Industry Press
- Gang Chen,Tianjiang Wang,Multi-Class support vector machine active learning for music annotation, International Journal of Innovative Computing, Inforrmative & control, 2010.3: p921-930
- Wenbing Tao, Feng Chang, Liman Liu, Hai Jin, Tianjiang Wang: Interactively multiphase image segmentation based on variational formulation and graph cuts. Pattern Recognition 43(10): 3208-3218 (2010)
- Shoudong Han, Wenbing Tao, Xianglin Wu, Xue-Cheng Tai, Tianjiang Wang: Fast image segmentation based on multilevel banded closed-form method. Pattern Recognition Letters 31(3): 216-225 (2010)
- Liu Wenjun, Wang Tianjiang and Liu Fang. Multi-Agent Group Programming Based On Co-evolution. The Computer Journal, 2009.
- Tianjiang Wang, Yongjun Zhang, Fast associated classification algorithm of medical images based on constraints, Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2005, 33(5):49-54. (Chinese)
- Tianjiang Wang, Fang Liu, Zhengding Lu, A Record Matching Algorithm Based on Clustering Collection, Computer Engineering and Science, 2004, 26(9):62-63. (Chinese)
- Tianjiang Wang, Zhengding Lu, Fan Li, Bidirectional approximate reasoning based on vague set, Dynamics Of Continuous, Discrete And Impulsive Systems，2003.12
- Tianjiang Wang, Zhengding Lu, Finding Relevant Documents Using Hyperlink and Similarity Measure on the Web, Mini-micro Systems, 2004, 25(5). (Chinese)
- Tianjiang Wang, Zhengding Lu, A Linear Interpolative Reasoning Approach under Multi-Dimensonal Fuzzy Rules, Computer Science, 2004, 31(6). (Chinese)
- Tianjiang Wang, Weiguo Ye, Zhengding Lu, Yongping Li, Text classification based on integrating LSI with k-nearnest neighbor, Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2004, 32 (4). (Chinese)
- Tianjiang Wang, Zhengding Lu, Multicriteria Fuzzy Decision Making Method by Using Approximate Reasoning Based on Vague Set, Computer Science, 2004. 31 (5). (Chinese)
- Tianjiang Wang, Zhengding Lu, Fan Li, Bidirectional Approximate Reasoning Based on Weighted Similarity Measures of Vague Set, Mini-micro Systems, 2004. (Chinese)
- Tianjiang Wang, Zhengding Lu, Reasearch on Similarity Interpolative Reasoning for the Sparse Fuzzy Rule, Computer Science, 2004, 31(5). (Chinese)
Artificial Intelligence : For master students
computer vision : For master students
Computer Network : For undergraduates
Login and edit information
Current Research Projects
Research on a class of image features described with General Gaussian distributionbased on lie group
which is supported by national science committee of china
This project mainly employs the lie group theory to study the properties of image features described with general Gaussian distribution , including to discuss the distance metric, mean calculation and feature classification algorithm, and finally it is used to solve some problems of computer vision (such as the target identification, target tracking, image retrieval etc.)
Jan.2007 – Dec.2009, Research on human motion feature based emotion recognition in monocular videos, Supported by National High Technology Research and Development (863) Program of China under grant 2007AA01Z161, RMB 1000000. Principal Investigator.
Training a machine to recognize human emotion is an active field of research generally referred to as affective computing. However, all the previous work in this area focus on making a computer recognizing one’s emotion state from his facial and vocal features, nothing has been done with recognizing emotion from human body motion features. This project focus on human motion feature based emotion recognition. Its goal is developing a multi-modal (facial, vocal and human body motion feature) emotion recognition system.
Oct.2006 – Dec.2008, Semantic based intelligent multimedia search engine, Supported by Scientific Research Foundation of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST-SRF) under grant 2006Z001B, RMB 20000. Principal Investigator.
With emerging image and video databases and their rapid growth in both the professional and consumer sector, the problem of efficiently finding and retrieving the images, audio and video segments of interest stored in such databases becomes crucial. The worldwide research efforts in the area of image and video retrieval have concentrated so far on feature-level content abstraction. However, there is a “semantic gap” between the feature-level abstraction and user requirement. This project attacks the “semantic gap” problem by extracting the elements of image and video semantics. The goal is improving the search and retrieval performance at the semantic-level of content abstraction.
CIMS application example project of Wuhan Post and Communication Institute, Supported by National High Technology Research and Development (863) Program of China.
National foreign exchange management and decision-making information system, Supported by National Science and Technology Foundation.
Water level forecasting system of the Three Gorges, Cooperation project.